Peer evaluation is often the most trustworthy-expert speak on candidate potential…
The Admissions committee is composed of academicians, faculty, alumni and other senior staff of a college or university. In their primary capacity of being educators, they hold the opinions, evaluation and expectations of another colleague in high esteem. That is exactly why a letter of recommendation from a colleague holds such value. A good recommendation helps you to reach your shortlist universities fast.
- There can be no better judge, sincere appreciator or unbiased critic of an applicant's caliber than his immediate supervisor or client for GMAT.
- Similarly for GRE a good recommender is the professor or guide.
A letter of recommendation has within its purview not only the assessment of the intellectual, academic and scholarly intent and capacity of the student but also covers the gamut of his entire personality, interests, general behavior in and outside the classroom, attitude, approach and preparation for higher studies. LORs address a student in an individual capacity and also compare him/her with peers to present a relative picture of his/her merits and suitability for pursuing the rigors of higher studies.
At Wisdom Mart, we help you to procure letters that will meet the above criteria by:
- Advising the student on whom to contact, when to contact for the most effective letter.
- We help you determine the right approach, present the right information which will help your case and get the maximum out of a letter since the student is often too embarrassed, overawed or plain uncomfortable about approaching their employers or teachers for the letters.
- We help evaluating the quality of a letter and its ultimate impact and help you and your recommender make the letter more effective, complimentary and useful.
The student's admission can be hampered or hastened by a letter of recommendation. It is important that these documents be very positive, comprehensive and in sync with your overall admission package deal, to click your universities choice. Your recommender must be able to present your strengths and skills in an original and honest but realistic way. This should be in harmony with your academic and career goals as stated in your SOP or essays. The letter could have been written by your teacher or your employer, but it is vital that it endorse your candidature strongly and make a case for your intellectual and academic proficiency.
We have listed here some sample letter of recommendations of successful candidates. The recommendation are just for your reference. Please do not copy or use them.